Bishop Larry Duffy has announced the following diocesan appointments with effect from Friday 1 September 2023:
- Very Rev Canon Ramon Munster PP Bundoran/Ballyshannon (Magh Ene) to retire as PP and take a one-year sabbatical leave.
- Fr Michael Jordan CC, Killanny to be PP Magheracloone.
- Fr Humphrey Ude (Diocese of Enuga, Nigeria) to be CC, Monaghan & Rackwallace as well as in Tyholland and Kilmore & Drumsnat.
- Fr Jeremiah Munyoki (Diocese of Kitui, Kenya) to be CC, Bundoran/Ballyshannon (Magh Ene).
- Fr Peter Edson Tambula (Diocese of Chikwawa, Malawi) to be CC in the Carrickmacross Pastoral Area and resident in Inniskeen pro-tem.
- Fr Jonathan Malusi (Diocese of Kitui, Kenya) to be CC in the Clones Pastoral Area and resident in Aghadrumsee.
- Fr Shadreck Malata (Diocese of Chikwawa, Malawi) to be CC Enniskillen pro-tem.
Announcing the appointments, Bishop Duffy expressed his sincere thanks to Canon Munster for his many years of generous service to the people of Bundoran and St Joseph’s, Ballyshannon and to the diocese generally. He wishes him every blessing during his sabbatical year.
Bishop Duffy also welcomes the priests from Nigeria, Kenya and Malawi who have agreed to come to serve in our diocese and wishes every blessing during their ministry here. He has also thanked a number of other priests from India and various African countries who have helped out at Lough Derg and in various parishes of the diocese over the course of the summer months and into the early autumn, to provide holiday cover.
Finally, Bishop Duffy has again thanked all the clergy of the Diocese of Clogher for their continued ministry and generous service to all of God’s people. ‘In these challenging times such service is appreciated all the more. Thank you for your continuing prayers for me. May the Good Shepherd continue to know us and lead us to fullness of life, each and every day’, he concluded.