The Roman Catholic Diocese of Clogher encompasses all of Co Monaghan, most of Fermanagh and portions of Tyrone, Donegal, Louth and Cavan. It has 37 parishes and 85 churches.
We are currently seeking to appoint a
DIOCESAN SUPPORT WORKER
(20 hours per week) initially for 1 year, subject to renewal
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a public health nurse, carer or social worker
- Competency and capability of undertaking the duties of support worker with clergy within the Diocese of Clogher, reporting to the Roman Catholic Bishop of Clogher.
- A good knowledge of the Policies and Procedures of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Clogher and those of the Catholic Church in Ireland relating to safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
- Heath and/or Social Care qualification.
- Familiarity with church structures and activities.
Appointment to this post is subject to the completion of necessary vetting procedures. The successful candidate will possess appropriate administrative and IT skills.
Duties will include:
- Visitation of all priests.
- Building relationships and trust with priests.
- Observing the overall wellbeing of priests, establishing whether priests are living well.
- Assessing the physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing of priests.
- Providing professional support and expertise regarding care issues in advance of declining mental and physical health.
- Developing specific formal care plans.
- Ensuring that all priests use established frameworks for medical and healthcare preferences.
- Liaising with civil authorities and ensuring that priests are availing of their entitlements.
- Being familiar and compliant with Safeguarding policies and procedures with regard to children and vulnerable adults.
- Keeping abreast of charitable grants which may be available to clergy.
- Identifying Family supports.
- Supporting the Diocese of Clogher in the discharge of its responsibilities.
- Reporting to the Bishop of Clogher on a regular basis and in any emergencies.
- Keeping all necessary and appropriate written records in relation to each case on file for disclosure to the Bishop.
- Being compliant with GDPR legislation and policies.
- Participating in inter-diocesan bodies and attending at relevant conferences and training as appropriate.
This post will be based in and will require travel around the Diocese of Clogher. The successful candidate must have a clean driver’s licence and their own car.
Application details, including a Job Specification, are available from the Diocese of Clogher website www.clogherdiocese.ie (see below) or from the Clogher Diocesan Office, Bishop’s House, Dublin Road, Monaghan. Tel. +353 (0)47 81019 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Letter of application (1 page) must also include details of referees –one character and at least one professional – and must be returned to:
Diocese of Clogher,
Monaghan H18 PN35
no later than 12 Noon on Friday 9 October 2020.
COPY OF JOB SPECIFICATION, please click on the link below: