The Roman Catholic Diocese of Clogher encompasses all of Co Monaghan, most of Fermanagh and portions of Tyrone, Donegal, Louth and Cavan. It has 37 parishes and 85 churches. Each parish has a Safeguarding Committee together with volunteers who create, maintain and monitor a safe environment for children and vulnerable adults in all aspects of church life and activity.
We are currently seeking to appoint a
DIOCESAN DIRECTOR & CO-ORDINATOR OF SAFEGUARDING
(20 hours per week) initially for 2 years, subject to renewal
- A third level qualification or equivalent in the area of social work, childcare, education or related areas
- Experience (paid or voluntary) of working in the area of safeguarding, with professional competence at leadership level in fields of education, social work, policing or healthcare.
- A good knowledge of the Policies and Procedures of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Clogher and those of the Catholic Church in Ireland relating to safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
- Familiarity with church structures and activities.
Appointment to this post is subject to the completion of necessary vetting procedures. The successful candidate will possess appropriate administrative and IT skills.
Duties will include:
- Planning and managing Diocesan Safeguarding Services
- Reporting to and advising the Bishop of Clogher in respect of safeguarding matters.
- Acting as Diocesan Designated Liaison Person (DLP) and Case Manager and receiving any concerns relating to safeguarding.
- Serving and supporting the Diocesan Safeguarding Committee and other relevant bodies and developing, managing and supporting diocesan safeguarding staff.
- Supporting Parish Safeguarding Representatives and advising parishes on policy and best practice
- Ensuring that all safeguarding concerns or allegations are dealt with in accordance with Diocesan policies and procedures which comply with best practice and legislative requirements.
- Ensuring that appropriate support is made available to complainants, respondents, victims/survivors and perpetrators as required.
- Maintaining detailed records of all steps taken as part of the procedures in all cases.
- Participating in inter-diocesan bodies and attending at relevant conferences and training as appropriate.
This post will be based in either Monaghan Town, Co Monaghan or Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh and will require travel around the Diocese of Clogher.
A Job Specification is available here: Director of Safeguarding Role – Job Spec – Jan 2020
Applications must include a CV (with details of referees – to include one character and at least one professional referee) together with a cover letter and must be returned to Diocese of Clogher, Bishop’s House, Dublin Road, Monaghan H18 PN35 no later than 12 Noon on Friday 31 January 2020.
Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org