Bishop Larry Duffy, Bishop of Clogher, has made the following appointments, which will take effect from the weekend of Sunday, 19th January 2020.
- Right Rev. Mgr. Joseph Mc Guinness, PP VG Carrickmacross (Machaire Rois) and Administrator of Magheracloone, to take up appointment as Executive Secretary of the Irish Episcopal Conference, resident in St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth.
- Very Rev. Canon Shane Mc Caughey, PP Castleblayney (Muckno) and Administrator of Aughnamullen East, to be PP, VG Carrickmacross (Machaire Rois) and Administrator of Magheracloone.
- Very Rev. Adrian Walshe, PP Corcaghan-Threemilehouse (Kilmore and Drumsnat), to be PP Castleblayney (Muckno) and Administrator of Aughnamullen East.
- Very Rev. Canon Patrick Mc Ginn, Administrator of Monaghan & Rackwallace (Cathedral Parish) and Administrator of Tyholland, to be also Administrator of Corcaghan-Threemilehouse (Kilmore and Drumsnat).
- Very Rev. Canon Macartan Mc Quaid, Chaplain to St Michael’s College and Mount Lourdes Grammar School, Enniskillen, to be Priest-in-Residence in Kilmore and Drumsnat.
Bishop Duffy has thanked very sincerely the priests involved in these changes for their generosity of spirit in responding so positively. He hopes they find happiness and fulfilment in their new positions.